Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My first blog- EVER

Okay, so this is my first blog - ever. And this is my first post, also - ever. So pretty exciting. I'm writing because I need your help. As a career counselor, I'm always getting students to think about what their dreams are and how to make those dreams become a reality. So, I thought I would take my own advice and start by at least admitting that one of my big dreams is to have my own TV show. So, there- I said it.

Now that I've said it to you- the public at large- that means I have to do it. I could use your thoughts, ideas and support since this is kinda scary.

Okay, so the idea came about when Oprah Winfrey (you know her, right?) decided to make about 16,000 people crazy by having a contest to have your own TV show. So, about 16,000 people, more or less, auditioned in person or via an on-line video. My video audition was called "Tell Me Something Good". The show was to highlight inspiring stories about good stuff that's happening and share it. That simple. http://myown.oprah.com/audition/index.html?request=video_details&response_id=14653&promo_id=1

I didn't win, but interestingly enough one of the top winners had the same basic idea, only she got about 9 million votes and I got about 1600. But, that's okay because I realize I can do this anyway. I can do it on my own.

When I heard about Oprah's call for auditions I had a really hard time choosing an idea. So, this new show will be a culmination of those ideas with the main theme still focusing on the positive. Since it's basically going to be about whatever I feel like doing it will simply be The Desha Show. I love it. How about you?

and now you might ask... are you going to tell me what this show is about, or what?
Yes, I am! Sort of.

It's about stuff that interests me, that's the beauty of having your own show, right?

and here's the stuff that interests me...

  • BEAUTY
  • FASHION
  • ART
  • DESIGN
  • ENTERPRISING PEOPLE
  • INTENTION
  • PERSONAL GROWTH
  • PEOPLE LIVING THEIR DREAMS
  • INSPIRING STORIES OF ALL SORT
So for now, I will be exploring the idea for the show and all the things that interest me. Maybe it interests you, too~

1 comment:

  1. Dear Desha,

    You are always an inspiration to me, every time we connect. I'm excited for you, starting the blog and releasing your dream. Huzzah!

    Love, susie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...