Monday, December 23, 2013

My last day.

Today was my last day at the college. Four years. 10,222 sent emails. Over 1000 meetings. At least 60 workshops/events… one local TV show and a book later, here I am starting my new biz Sweet Spot Style.

My coworkers gave me this card. They said it reminded them of me. And I do feel like a Spanish Flamenco dancer. I feel proud of my time at Marlboro. I feel blessed to be able to do work that is meaningful and fun. I have to tell you, I love encouraging people to do what they love and go for their  ideal career path. But I never thought this job would lead me to my OWN dream career.  After years of encouraging others to go for it, it's time to take my own advice, to set fear aside and listen to that inner voice… head held high, bright yellow billowy skirt and  all… I'm ready for the next adventure.
Thank you Marlboro, you've been good to me. xo Desha
Let's dance.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! And you ARE just like that dancer. Can't wait to be by your side on this next adventure.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...